Samsung Galaxy J7 – Review
This Post might contain Affiliate links. These links help us to earn some commission on your purchase without charging you
The smartphone jungle may be confusing, though the Samsung Galaxy J7 is amazingly simple to decipher: J for “affordable price” as well as seven for “big screen”.
This’s the lite edition belonging to the Galaxy A7, offering semi-premium features but restricted to the midrange. An additional way to take a look at it’s as being an E7 Plus.
The attention-grabbing options begin with the 5.5″ Super AMOLED display (Samsung’s latest devices have all had exact colors and superb sunlight legibility).
There is also a 64-bit octa-core processor, a selfie digital camera with a committed LED flash and a primary digital camera with a large f/1.9 aperture as well as Pro mode.
The Galaxy J7 is just one of those cell phones that care even more about the dimensions of the display compared to its resolution and thus it settles for 720p.
The distinction to Galaxy A7’s 1080p display is designed for probably the most part cosmetic but the useful distinction is very large – you receive twenty % much more room for apps and website pages on the A7.
- Dual-SIM cell phone with LTE connectivity 5.5″ Super AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi
- Snapdragon 615 version: 64-bit chipset, octa-core Cortex A53 processor (4 cores at 1.5GHz and 4 during 1GHz); Adreno 405 GPU; 1.5GB of RAM
- Exynos 7580 version: 64-bit chipset, octa-core Cortex A53 processor (eight cores from 1.5GHz); Mali T720MP2 GPU; 1.5GB of RAM
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz, design support
- 13MP camera effective at 1080p video clip recording, 5MP front-facing digital camera, 1080p video
- 16GB of built-in storage Wi-Fi b/g/n, ANT, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/GLONASS, NFC (Exynos model only)
- 3,000mAh battery
- 720p resolution stretched a little slim on the 5.5″ screen
- Absolutely no fingerprint, without NFC on several models and surely no Samsung Pay
- No MHL (but USB OTG is actually supported) The primary digital camera is actually a 13MP unit – a fairly regular option for your midrange – however, the f/1.9 aperture elevates it previously typical and can make a positive change at low light scenes. The J7 is well equipped for low light selfies also, with a committed LED flash to assist the 5MP front-facer.
The Galaxy J7 is a dual SIM phone, Samsung did not bother with a single SIM version. No huge loss in case you ask us, as opposed to the A series the one has individual slots for 2 SIMs as well as a microSD.
Fast LTE information will be utilized on both flash memory cards, making the J7 sensible for traveling or even having the most out of 2 data plans.
The Galaxy J7 has 1 of 2 unique chipset clothes airers – Snapdragon 615 in several regions, Exynos 7580 within others.
Both types operate Android 5.1 Lollipop on 1.5GB RAM (a little of a small fit), nevertheless the Exynos features a CPU timepiece edge. We will also discover how the various GPUs perform, both are actually OpenGL ES 3.1 enabled though so they will be prepared for brand new games to come.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 is going to lose to the Galaxy A7 inside a splendor pageant but, following the novelty uses off, the A7 has a battle on its hand. Effectively, moment to kick the Galaxy J7 from the nest as well as find out how well it flies.
Be aware that this Samsung Galaxy J7 has both an Exynos 7580 or maybe a Snapdragon 615 chipset. We are going over the Exynos edition.